Terms and Conditions
By placing a direct booking with us you (the lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions as set-out. If you have any questions about booking with us, please contact us before making a booking.
NB These terms apply to direct bookings, if you book through an online travel agent (OTA) or other booking platform then they will have their own terms and conditions.
- The suppliers are Duncan Astbury and Cherry Loughridge, operating as a self employed partnership and with the trading name Four Oaks Bed and Breakfast, address
Four Oaks, Glencruitten, Oban PA34 4QB.
- Four Oaks Bed and Breakfast is not VAT registered and does not collect VAT.
- The lead guest is the person who makes a reservation and to whom the invoice is addressed. To place a booking with us the lead guest must be at least 18 years of age. In the case of joint guests (booking party) any liability for cost will be joint and several.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
- No terms and conditions contained in the confirmation of order, reservation letter or other document of the guest will form part of the contract.
- Payments and Cancellations
- To secure a booking we require a deposit equal to the total cost of the booking to be paid in advance, where this deposit has not been paid the booking may be cancelled without further notice.
- All payments must be denominated in GBP.
- Cheques are not accepted.
- All payments must be cleared and not subject to any chargeback to be considered as paid.
- All payments are non refundable. In the case of overpayments a credit note can be issued which can then be used to offset future invoices. Credit notes will expire after a period of one year from issue.
- No accommodation will be provided until all payments due have been paid in full.
- Non-arrival guests, who are unable to attend or fail to attend for whatever reason forfeit their deposit paid. It is suggested that booking guests take out appropriate holiday / cancellation insurance where required.
- In the rare event we need to cancel your booking with us, please be aware that we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control and that our liability to you is limited to the refund of any payment already made.
- Personal Details and Privacy
- We are required to keep a register of guests over the age of 16 who stay with us, this includes full names and nationality, and/or passport numbers, place of issue, details of next destination if they are non-British, Irish or Commonwealth guests. This is in accordance with the (Immigration (Hotel records) Order 1972). These records are kept for a minimum of 12 months and in accordance with the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in after 16:00 and before 18:00, local time, on day of arrival.
- Check-out by 10:00, local time, on day of departure.
- Before check-out any and all extra costs must be settled (e.g. use of EV car charger).
- Where travel plans require check in and out outside these times, say for example if arriving on a late ferry, this is by prior arrangement only.
- During the Stay
- Guests accept that they park their vehicles at their own risk and understand that a CCTV system is in operation. Video from the CCTV system may be shared with relevant authorities such as the police and insurance providers.
- Guests accept that they use the electric car charging point at their own risk. There will be a per kWh charge for electricity used by the charger, to be paid prior to check out.
- Smoking is not permitted in or immediately around the accommodation, including the decking area. Smoke detectors are fitted in the bedrooms, these are sensitive to smoke and also emissions from e-cigarettes (vaping).
- Pets are not permitted in the accommodation.
- All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbours and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners.
- Only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed to use the property and its facilities, any third party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
- Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
- The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media and music streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, video streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
- We reserve the right to charge the lead guest for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimise damage and associated costs. Lost keys will incur a replacement charge.
- Lost Property
- Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of 1 month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with their owners we accept no responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belonging before checking-out. We may offer to post lost items via recorded delivery at the cost of the guest, otherwise collection can be arranged.
- Limitation of Liability
- The supplier's liability in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of the subject matter of the contract shall not exceed the amount paid by the guest, to a maximum of the full invoice value of the contract, only if all monies due have been paid by the guest.
- The supplier shall under no circumstances be liable to the guest for any consequential, indirect or economic loss or damages.
- For stays relating to special events it is recommended that specific insurance cover be arranged. The guest accepts any resultant loss for not taking out such cover.
- Force Majeure
- If either party is subject to an event of Force Majeure, that is circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to war, fire, industrial disputes or civil commotion, it shall notify the other and the first party's obligations under these Terms shall be suspended until it notifies the other party of the end of such event of Force Majeure.